Tuesday 15 June 2010

Fifa Fan Fest




















Its pretty hard to not get excited about the football in Rio de Janeiro, the game
was televised live on Copacabana beach at 3.30 but the warm up started long before,
with the sound of samba, air-horns and cars tooting at the thousands of fans descending
to the beach.

I'm still a bit sketched out about taking my camera out of the hostel, so unfortunately the picture
shown isn't mine, but it doesn't do it justice. The Brazilians have such a wild party spirit and it
was so funny to see close ups of randoms in the crowd on the big screen from the cameramen
who were wandering around, there was this old guy dressed as michael jackson that I particularly
warmed to, and of course the beautiful babes of every shade imaginable with hips that don't seem
to be attached to the rest of their bodies! I'll be surprised if I make it out of Brazil on this 6 month
South American stint at this rate!

No comments: